Mountain View, CA 20+ Deck Builders near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Deck Builders near you
SOD Home Group
Right On 360
Lifetime Remodeling, Inc.
AA General Contractor
Visionary Home Remodeling Inc
Shorty's Handyman Services
A-C Costume Fence &Decks
Small Restoration Projects, LLC
Woodside Residential Services
Blue Apple Construction
Jmb Plumbing & Construction Inc
DAJA Construction Inc
Smart Quality Drywall.
Mechie & Sons
More Decks & Patios Services
Decks & Patios Cost Guides
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to build a deck near me?
The average cost to build a deck is $15 to $30 per square foot or $4,400 to $10,000. The total price depends on local labor costs, wood type, size, level built-on, and if there's seating or stairs built-in.
How long does it take to build a deck?
An average 12'x24' deck takes one to three weeks to build, depending on the size, style, and contractor's experience. A professional team takes under a week to build a standard deck, while a custom deck above the first-level with built-ins takes up to three weeks to finish.
How long does a wood deck last?
A deck made of untreated wood lasts 10 to 30 years, depending on the quality and proper maintenance, sealing, and repairs. Decks made of treated wood and composite materials last 25 to 50 years.
Should I repair or replace my deck?
Wood decks last 10 to 30 years with annual maintenance and repairs before disintegrating and potentially becoming dangerous or collapsing. Consider replacing decks older than 8 years that need major repairs or when the cost of repairs exceeds half the cost of new deck building.
- Decks need regular maintenance, sealing, minor repairs, and cleaning annually to remain habitable and safe.
- For major repairs, decks eight years old or less can be re-planked and re-railed without compromising the stability and safety of the structure.
Does a deck add value to a home?
Spending $10,000 on a new deck increases the value of a home by $7,500 on average. Adding a deck has a 70% to 80% return on investment when selling the home.
Do you need a permit to build a deck in my area?
A building permit is required if the deck is attached to the home, services a door, over 200 square feet, more than 30 inches above the ground, has plumbing or electricity, or be built in a floodplain. Contact your local building authority to see if you need a permit in your area.
How to find local deck contractors?
To find the best deck companies, do the following:
- Get at least three price estimates to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Ask if they are part of their local chamber of commerce or any trade associations such as the North American Deck & Railing Association (NADRA).
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized estimate or contract in writing.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions, hire the best deck contractor near you.
What questions should you ask deck companies?
When hiring a deck builder, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been a deck contractor?
- What decking materials do you experience installing?
- What decking material do you recommend for my project?
- How many decks have you built?
- How much would my deck cost?
- What services are included in the cost?
- Are there any potential complications you foresee with this project?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- How long will the project take?
- Do I need permits, and will you obtain them?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- Are financing options available?
- What do I need to provide to get started?
Deck Or Porch Addition Locations
- Deck Builders Houston
- Deck Builders Boston
- Deck Builders Los Angeles
- Deck Builders New York
- Deck Builders Philadelphia
- Deck Builders San Jose
- Deck Builders Milwaukee
- Deck Builders San Diego
- Deck Builders Baltimore
- Deck Builders Phoenix
- Deck Builders Charlotte
- Deck Builders Indianapolis
- Deck Builders Chicago
- Deck Builders San Francisco
- Deck Builders Dallas
- Deck Builders Fort Worth
- Deck Builders Detroit
- Deck Builders Austin
- Deck Builders Columbus
- Deck Builders San Antonio
- Deck Builders Jacksonville