Mountain View, CA 20+ Local Movers near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Local Movers near you
Arteaga Construction & Electric
All In Moving Systems
Calderon Delivery Services
White Red Moving & Storage
Fancy Sound Piano
Red Carpet Moving & Storage, Inc.
Vanguard Movers™ Of San Francisco
Amanda De Jesus
Rockstar Pro Movers - San Francisco
Plumbing 4 Less
Golden Bay Relocation LLC
Arango's Gardening & Hauling Services
Pete's Moving Services
Frequently asked questions
How much do movers cost for a local move?
Professional local movers cost $300 to $1,500 on average, depending on the home's size. Local moving companies charge $50 to $200 per hour, depending on the number of movers, if it includes packing, unpacking, or reassembly, and if there are specialty items such as a pool table.
What is the cheapest way to move?
The cheapest way to move is renting a U-Haul truck or a PODS moving container, then hiring movers by the hour to help. Save by packing all your belongings yourself. Full-service movers are the cheapest when scheduling during the off-season in late fall, winter, or early spring.
What do full-service moving companies provide?
Full-service moving companies include equipment and supplies, packing and loading boxes, furniture disassembly and loading, transportation, unloading the truck, reassembling the furniture, and unpacking boxes. Full-service movers may also provide storage and offer specialty moves for pool tables, safes, and pianos.
What is considered a local move vs. a long-distance move?
A local move is less than 50 miles and does not cross state lines. A long-distance move is typically 100 to 400 miles or more or crosses over state boundaries. Local moves are charged at an hourly or flat rate, while longer interstate moves are priced by weight.
How much should you tip local movers?
Local movers should be tipped $20 per person for a half-day move or $40 per person for a full 8-hour day. Another option is to tip 5% to 10% of the total moving cost to split among the crew.
Are moving expenses tax deductible?
Moving expenses are no longer tax-deductible on federal tax returns due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. However, active US armed forces members with a permanent change of station can still write-off moving expenses. Also, some states still allow moving expense deductions on state tax returns.
Are moving companies essential services during COVID-19?
Yes, moving companies are considered essential services and are still operating during COVID-19.
How long do moving companies take?
Local moves take 4 to 8 hours on average, depending on the house's size and the number of movers. Long-distance interstate moves are delivered in 10 to 14 days on average, depending on the distance away.
Where can I find someone to help me move?
Start by searching our list of moving helpers, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential candidates:
- Get at least three estimates from local movers to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their license, insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and The American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized estimate in writing.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best movers near you.
What questions to ask a moving company?
When hiring a local mover, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- Do you take inventory of all my items?
- What insurance coverage is available? Do you offer full-replacement value protection?
- How do you calculate moving fees?
- Are there any extra fees or surcharges I should be aware of?
- Do you background check your employees?
- How long moving take?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- How do you handle loss and damage claims?
- Can you provide me a written binding estimate or contract?
- What’s your payment schedule? And what payment methods are accepted?
- What do I need to provide to get started?
Local Moving Locations
- Local Movers Indianapolis
- Local Movers San Francisco
- Local Movers San Jose
- Local Movers Austin
- Local Movers Seattle
- Local Movers Boston
- Local Movers Houston
- Local Movers New York
- Local Movers Baltimore
- Local Movers Charlotte
- Local Movers Chicago
- Local Movers Denver
- Local Movers Phoenix
- Local Movers Milwaukee
- Local Movers Columbus
- Local Movers Philadelphia
- Local Movers Fort Worth
- Local Movers Dallas
- Local Movers San Diego
- Local Movers Los Angeles
- Local Movers Nashville