Mountain View, CA 20+ Landscaping Companies near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Landscaping Companies near you
How Much Do Lawn Care Services Cost?
Frequently asked questions
How much do landscaping services cost near me?
Residential landscaping costs $4 to $12 per square foot, depending on the job's size and requirements. Landscapers charge $50 to $100 per hour for smaller jobs like lawn care or tree trimming. Large landscape design and installation services cost $3,000 to $15,000. Landscaping maintenance costs $100 to $200 per month.
What does a landscape contractor do?
Landscaping contractors build and install hardscaping or softscaping design plans, maintain plantings, trimming the grass and trees, mulching, weeding, and other tasks to keep the landscape looking great. Licensed landscapers are experts in soil drainage, grading, irrigation, and choosing the best plants and materials for your area. Residential landscape companies also pull permits and design plans that comply with building codes.
What are the different types of landscaping companies?
Knowing the different types of professional landscapers is important before hiring. These roles tend to overlap as most landscaping contractors offer many services.
- Landscape designers and architects design and plan functional landscapes, residential areas, and gardens to give you an idea of the placement of trees, shrubs, and perennials.
- Landscape contractors implement the landscaping design plan and may also create designs themselves.
- Landscape gardeners provide landscape maintenance and lawn care after installation.
How do I find the best local landscaper to hire?
Start by searching our list of landscapers near you. After researching and contacting potential candidates:
- Compare at least three estimates from professional landscapers.
- Select landscaping companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Look at their reviews on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a written contract, warranty, and detailed estimate.
- Be cautious of cheap landscapers as quality may suffer.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the most affordable and best landscaper near you.
What questions should I ask nearby landscapers before hiring?
When looking for the best landscapers, ask the following questions:
- How long have you been a landscaping contractor?
- What do your landscaping services include?
- Are you and your employees licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Are the workers your employees or subcontractors?
- What license(s), training, and affiliations do you have?
- Do you charge by the hour or by the project?
- How many similar projects have you completed?
- Can you provide me with references or customer referrals?
- What can you start and finish the landscaping work?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract with a breakdown of all costs?
- What happens if you go over budget or there's changes to material price?
- Do you offer work guarantees?
- What do I need to provide to get started?
Does residential landscaping increase home value?
Proper landscaping is worth the upfront cost and can increase a home's value by 5% to 20%. The return on investment depends on the landscaping design and the plant size, maturity, and diversity. Updating and installing new landscaping counts as a tax-deductible capital improvement for commercial properties.
Do landscaping companies offer financing?
Some landscaping companies offer in-house financing for large projects. Otherwise, there are home improvement loans or general personal loans available. However, the interest rate on landscaping loans is high, making your project more expensive.
Do you tip landscapers?
Landscapers do not expect a tip. However, if the landscaping crew goes above and beyond or spends more time than expected, a tip is appreciated.
Landscaping Companies Near You
More and more homeowners are seeing the value in landscaping and xeriscaping their yards. Not only do they see less water consumption, they also cut down considerably on lawn care maintenance. HomeGuide landscaping companies can help with all your landscaping and lawn care needs.
Once the landscaping is done, you’ll need a team to come in and take care of things like drip irrigation system installation, shrub removal, tree trimming, boulder placement and water feature repair. No matter what kind of shape your yard is in right now, HomeGuide has a long list of landscaping companies ready to serve you and turn your yard into a haven of practical beauty.
Simply enter your zip code, answer a few questions about your project, and we’ll respond quickly with a list of landscaping experts, their contact info, estimates and ratings — so you can make a knowledgeable decision and hire the right company or individual for the job.