Mountain View, CA 20+ Electricians near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Electricians near you
Frequently asked questions
What does a residential electrician do?
A qualified electrician can fix any electrical issues, install new electrical components and wiring, and ensure the electrical systems are safe for homeowners.
Call an electrician near you today for:
- Installing a light fixture or chandelier
- Installing a ceiling fan, exhaust fan, or bathroom ventilation
- Adding or replacing an electrical outlet or socket
- Updating or replacing a circuit breaker box
- Fixing flickering lights or loose electrical wires
- Fixing electrical appliances
- Installing new wiring or cables
- Installing doorbells, smoke detectors, and security systems
- Installing or repairing pool heaters, hot tubs, and generators
- Installing or updating an outdoor electrical panel
- Adding outdoor lighting
- Solve any electrical emergencies
If you are unsure of the problem, schedule an electrical inspection.
How much does a licensed electrician cost in my area?
Electricians cost $40 to $100 per hour with an average $75 minimum call-out fee. Emergency electricians charge $150+ per hour for 24-hour service on weekends, holidays, and evenings. Most electrical projects cost $150 to $400, depending on the job complexity, location, travel fees, and skill level of the electrician.
View our electrical work pricing guide for a complete list of projects and estimated costs.
Do electricians offer free estimates?
Yes, electricians do offer free estimates. Whether you need new electrical work or repairs, most reasonable electricians offer a free quote. To get an accurate and free estimate, research and contact professional electricians near you and share details about your electrical needs.
How do I find a nearby electrician to hire?
Start by searching online to find licensed electricians in your area. After researching and finding potential candidates:
- Compare at least three free estimates from reputable electricians.
- Select electrical companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Look at their reviews on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a written contract, warranty, and detailed estimate.
- Be cautious of cheap electricians as quality may suffer.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the most qualified and affordable electrician near you.
What questions should I ask a local electrician?
The best residential electrical contractors are licensed, bonded, insured, and provide free estimates.
When looking for the best electrician, ask the following questions:
- Are you licensed?
- How long have you been in business?
- Is your electrical work insured or bonded?
- How much will my project cost? Can I get a written estimate?
- Do you offer a warranty or guarantee?
- Will you be performing the work or someone else?
- What permits do I need, and will you pull them?
Can I do electrical work myself?
Doing your own electrical work without a license is not recommended. Even small, simple electrical problems can be dangerous and lead to harming yourself or your home. Licensed electricians have specialized training to perform work safely without damaging your home.